If you’ve paid IRD instead of paying us by accident, you can ask IRD to refund the payment back to your bank account so that you may pay for your TMNZ arrangement instead. Simply email IRD directly at TaxPooling@ird.govt.nz and request for the payment to be returned. You will need to provide the below details in your email:
- The payment amount and date it was made.
- An explanation that the payment was intended to purchase tax pooling funds from TMNZ.
- The bank account the refund is to go to (it must be the taxpayer’s own bank account).
- The primary contact name and phone number (for any queries IRD may have).
- The invoice/quote from TMNZ to verify that the payment was intended to purchase tax pooling funds.
Please note if you receive your refund from IRD past the TMNZ payment date agreed upon, there may be extra interest to pay. If you are unsure, please give our Client Services Team a call on 0800 829 888 or email them at email@example.com and they can give you a hand.